Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hello World

When I was learning to program computers years ago that was always the first project. Create a program that would print out the words, "Hello World". So that is the first thing I wanted to say on my new blog.
I spent a lot of time thinking about what I wanted to do with this blog space. Should I use it to tell stories, to pontificate, to discuss any one of a million different things, to post recipes, or what? Well, I finally decided that I would have a lot of different things on my blog so that explains the name, Random Rap.
There is no intention to make this a meaningful blog, but I will probably discuss some things that have real meaning to me. Of course, I realize that they will probably not have a lot of meaning to others. I just hope that at least one or two things have some interest to someone. If not, well, so what. It is just fun to put them out on the inter-tubes and see what happens.
As we all know, there is plenty of meaningless stuff out there in the ether. If this turns out to just be more of the same then that's okay. At least it will have plenty of company. We cannot all create meaning in this world. It is enough to create what we can and add it to the sum total of Mankind's creations.
Well, I'm going to explore what I can do on this site and I will come back with more stuff later.

Savor Life

No comments:

Post a Comment